Burundi, East Africa
20 YEAR VISION
CLEAN WATER FOR THE WHOLE COUNTRY OF BURUNDI
STRONG LONGTERM PARTNERSHIPS
Water is currently our main project (2017). There is precious little piped water to the people. We are managing a large scale water development project, including the construction of deep wells, reservoirs and pipes.
Think East Africa has translated the Farming God’s Way program into Kirundi. In partnership with HOPE International, https://www.hopeinternational.org/learn/item/category/burundi and YWAM Burundi https://ywamburundi.wordpress.com, we will launch 3 pilot sites in 2018. The goal is to train villagers in these excellent farming methods – which yield significantly higher crops. The increased supply will provide for subsistence living as well as the opportunity for small business development.
Think East Africa offers a 3-6 month internship program for Burundian university students wishing to gain experience in the following areas:
- Community needs assessments and village research
- Hydrogeology, drilling, water systems
- Community trainings – WASH and well maintenance
- General office administration, accounting, report writing, presentations
If you are a student and interested in interning with Think East Africa, please read our website, develop your CV and then contact our offices
Our vision is under girded with the following values:
- Be in prayer – unless the Lord builds the house, the laborers labor in vain.
- Be humble – God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.
- Be teachable – always seeking to learn from Burundians and others in the field.
- Honesty and integrity are above all.
- Prioritize Bible reading, prayer, family devotionals and special times with our children.
- Passion only carries us so far… we will always need a support system and times of rest.